Tuesday, January 06, 2015

D & O Celtic Jewelry

When I began to study our family history, I expected some family members to be more interested than others. What I did not expect was for our son, Dan, to create a business based on items found in our heritage. But that's what he did.
I publish several blogs about the various family lines from my mother and father and from my wife's family. Most of my early research was based on Irish families than settled in the Saint Louis, Missouri area. When Dan coupled this with his natural artistry skills and his engineering skills, he started to develop some jewelry designs. A new industry also caught his attention, 3-D printing was just emerging, and also interested him.
He put this all together from home, developing new designs on software and having them 3-D printed at Shapeways.com where he has an online store.
He has done Irish events, festivals, fairs and has a web site of his own located here
D & O Celtic Jewelry

My favorite design of his, although I admire many, is this nod to genealogy, the Family Tree design:
He has developed quite a number of designs. The Motherhood Knot has also been very popular for him, pictured here:
A few of his others are his Shamrock
 And his Celtic Warrior.
He can order these, and many others, in many different metals and costs. He has some on hand at the link above and can get others if you are so inclined.
As a parent and an avid amateur genealogist, I am so proud of Dan and his work!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home